Let me paint a picture of my commute for you:
I get on the subway between 6-6:30 everyday only to fight my way for a seat. Most days I’m blessed with ones, other days I stand and slowly die holding the pole.
But don’t get it twisted, I slowly die in my seat being crushed between the two people next to me. If I’m lucky they’re eating a doughnut, if I’m not they have fish.
So aside from reading, my saving grace is my morning playlist.
It periodically switches, but they’re are always some classics that survive each edit. So I wanted to share it with you guys because who doesn’t need a good pick me up in the morning. And if your like me, nothing can fix a New York commute like a good old turn up.
TURNT DOWN FOR WHAT?!?!
My most recent playlist below:
1. ‘Marvin’s Room’ – Drake
2. ‘Sure Thing’ – Miguel
3. ‘It Won’t Stop’ – Sevyn Streeter feat. Chris Brown
4. ‘V.S.O.P’ – K. Michelle
5. ‘Take Me With You’ – Prince
If you haven’t heard this song you need to jump on it asap. Not only is it one of the best from Purple Rain, but it’s a classic Prince songs that still holds its weight today.
6. ‘Window Seat’ – Erykah Badu
7. ‘Pyramids’ – Frank Ocean
8. ‘Climax’ – Usher
9. ‘Don’t Judge Me’ – Chris Brown
10. ‘Collide’ – Leona Lewis feat. Avicii
Back in 2011 there was a whole scandal about Leona stealing this Avicii beat, which lead to a bunch of label drama and a few people getting sued. Somehow it was all solved and Avicii was given featured billing, which is a good thing because the song slays. It never blew up in the US, but that makes it even better to listen to.
11. ‘Take Care’ – Drake feat. Rihanna
12. ‘Sirens’ – Cher Lloyd
13. ‘The Whole World’ – Outkast
14. ‘Honeymoon Avenue’ – Ariana Grande
15. ‘Latch’ – Disclosure feat. Sam Smith
I didn’t like this version of the song ever since I heard the acoustic version, but it’s growing on me big time. Easily the best dance song of the last few months.
16. ‘Where Have You Been’ – Rihanna
17. ‘Partition’ – Beyonce
18. ‘Somebody Else’ – Mario feat. Nicki Minaj
19. ‘Gust of Wind’ – Pharrell
20. ‘Hunter’ – Pharrell
Duck Dynasty is cool and all, but they got nothing on a females call